Native Shopify Mobile App with 20 new features
Kickstart your hyperlocal marketplace in Corona pandemic with a starter guide
Android App Development
iOS App Development
Cross Platform App Development
Hire on-demand project developers and turn your idea into working reality.
Big thanks to Webkul and his team for helping get Opencart 18.104.22.168 release ready!
Owner and Founder. Opencart
In this article we will learn how to use work manager in flutter. Before starting its implementation we will discuss work manager in brief.Work manager is useful for creating periodic jobs in background that require the system to guarantee that they will be completed even if the app is closed.
WorkManager does the heavy lifting for you, taking care of compatibility concerns and battery and system health best practises.You may also schedule both periodic jobs and sophisticated dependent chains of tasks with work manager, background work can be conducted in parallel or sequentially, with an execution order specified. WorkManager in flutter manages the flow of input and output between tasks with ease.
1. Project setupCreate a new flutter project and add latest workmanager version under dependecies in pubspec.yaml file of your project as following example and run flutter pub get command to install this library in your project.
2. Import packageAdd following line in your class to import the package.
3. ImplementationNow you can use following code to register periodic task.
It will wait at least 10 seconds before its first launch.Since we have not provided a frequency it will be the default 15 minutes.4. ExampleUse following code as example.
5. Dispose a work managerYou can dispose a work manager by using following ways.
i) By using unique name
ii) By using tag
6. Dispose all work manager jobsOnce the scheduled jobs are done, close all the workmanagers you’ve called by using following code.
It will stop all your work managers.
In this article, we have learned about use of work manager in flutter using workmanager plugin.Thanks for reading the blog. For more such amazing articles on latest trends in mobile application development, please visit our mobikul blog site.
Happy coding 🙂
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Save my name email and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Be the first to comment.
Excellent work, fast, good quality and understood the brief perfectly! Quick responses developing the project and very good cooperation. I suggest to anyone.
Enquiry or Requirement
If you have more details or questions, you can reply to the received confirmation email.